Sunday, September 27, 2009

Row, Row, Row Your Boat

Life has been a little crazy lately! I was hoping that once all the excitement of our summer adventures were over and we were moved in our new place and began to establish a new routine with the kids that life would finally begin to settle down for us...I was wrong! I should know better by now:) With Jake adjusting to a new work routine as he is now overseeing two stores, and I am adjusting to a new commute to my job (over an hour one way), and acclimating ourselves to a new community...we had plenty on our plates. Then I, involuntarily, added more....I crashed our van. Well, more accurately, someone else crashed their car into our van while I was driving it on the highway. I will leave the details out, but lets just say that both my van and the other car got to know the cement highway barrier a little too well. I am okay and the other driver is okay...the van is NOT okay! So, on top of Jake and I working full time both an hour away from home (in opposite directions), continuing to move and unpack, we now have the joy of rental cars and fighting with insurance companies...aren't you jealous?! Anyways, all of this said, we felt the need to have an afternoon away. Away from work, away from very unhelpful insurance agents, away from worrying about how long we will be without a vehicle, away from unpacking and decorating...away from everything! And so we found the perfect place, here...

Not far from our house is a beautiful, huge state park. There is a lake, picnic areas, playing fields, playgrounds and hiking/walking trails. It was a gorgeous day so we took advantage of the lovely weather and spent the day outside at this park. We went out on a rowboat, fished, played together and had a picnic.











Though we didn't catch any fish, we had a great time out on the boat. We saw turtles and birds, felt the warmth of the sun and a soft breeze. It was quiet and peaceful and simple, just the way a Sunday should be. It was just what we needed!

3 comments:

Renee said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! What a nice place. And you deserved the break :)

Love,
Renee

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the van guys..but THAT
can be replaced..people can't

Your day at the park looked wonderful!! Was that a worm that
Nathan was holding?? Out on the
lake on a sunny day with the family
sounds perfect. I'd like to see
that when I come to visit.

Love
Mom/Nana

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a nice, relaxing day! I'm so glad that you were able to take a break from all the stress. I hope things calm down for you both soon.

Love,
Christine