This past weekend was cold, rainy and pretty much just miserable outside :( With not being able to get outdoors to play, we had to get creative indoors to keep everyone busy. We decided to make homemade play dough which is something my mom used to do with me when I was a kid. It is so quick and easy to make and keeps the kids busy for hours!
2 cups flour
1 cup salt
4 teaspoons cream of tartar
2 teaspoons cooking oil
food coloring
Heat all the ingredients (except food coloring) in a pot on medium heat stirring constantly until mixture is the consistency of mashed potatoes. Form a ball and remove from pot. Kneed dough for about 3 minutes and add food coloring to make it any color you choose.

5 comments:
All I have to say is Market Basket salt??? Good thing salt lasts forever! lol
Looks like the kids had fun!
You must have been reading my mind. I was just thinking yesterday that I had to look up this recipe. We seem to have gone through all our playdo recently, and Bee and Joe love it!
Thanks!
Christine
gotta love homemade playdough...we make our own playdough in my class amd all the kiddos help to make it :)
Oh I hate playdough...it's always a mess. But Christian would love it! I should totally make it with him. You've inspired me. Maybe this weekend...
What a great craft! We should
really try that when you come to
visit..'looks like a lot of fun!
Love
Mom/Nana
Post a Comment