Monday, June 28, 2010

Special Guests

Last week we had some very special guests come and visit us here in PA all the way from MA. Nana, Auntie Christine, Elizabeth & Joseph came to stay at our house for a few days. And what a great time we had!! I have never had house guests before, so I was a little nervous (especially about having 9 people in a house with one bathroom and the fact that it was 90 degrees & humid and we don't have air conditioning!) but it all worked out fine and as usual I was worried for nothing:) I must say I am extremely grateful for our little inflatable pool and sprinkler which are just as fun for adults as they are for kids!
We enjoyed big, family meals all gathered around the table. This is always my favorite time.
Everyone had fun cooling off and splashing around in the pool...
What's a summer day without popsicles...
...and watermelon??
This yard sale find was worth every penny!
Can you say, "Victory!" Beezy can. And she did several times!
Can't get enough water...
Lookout girls...here comes Daddy!!
Friends.
Up until this point, everything was calm and relaxing. Well, as relaxing as it can be with five children present. And then something happened. I'm not entirely sure what. Exhaustion from non-stop action? Feeling revived from being in air condtioning while dining out? Too much sugar for the kids? Or was it the margarita's consumed by the adults? All I know is that at one point Nana, Auntie Christine, Jake and I were all playing nice game of Bocce, when suddenly a war broke out...
A water war!! Adults vs. kids and I don't think anybody won! We all ended up drenched! Poor Auntie Chris. In her kind effort to aid the children in attack against Jake, she wound up being tossed in the pool!
Once the water fight was finished, we settled down to watch a little fireworks display. Sorry for the bad photos, but you get the idea :)
Emma Ruth...
Nana & Nate.
The whole gang.
Then there are the good-byes. Obviously, Nate is not a fan of good-byes...or pictures!
Thank you so much for traveling to PA to visit us and stay in our home. It meant a lot to us that you came. It was our pleasure to have you with us. We all had so much fun! Can't wait to see you in August!
Love,
The Marshall's

3 comments:

Renee said...

Wow! It looks like you guys had tons of fun! Love the adults in the kiddie pool :)

Love,
Renee

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for having us!! The kids wanted to turn around and come back the whole way home. We had a great time. I don't think I will help the kids in a water war again....little people turned on me very quickly! :0)

Love,
Christine

Anonymous said...

I had so much fun at your home!

What a healthy enviornment you
have created for the children.
I hated to leave and look forward
to our next visit in the fall
Thank-you all for a wonderful
few days!!
Love,
Mom/Nana