Saturday, July 17, 2010

July, so far...

It's been a busy month! I can hardly believe we are halfway through the month of July...these past couple of weeks have flown by! It's been hot, humid and more hot, humid here in PA!!! I must say I'm starting to get a little sick of this heat, but I hate to complain because I much rather be too hot than cold:) Despite the unending heat, we have been having a busy and fun summer.
Fourth of July weekend, Jake and I had the opportunity to travel home to MA to visit family. We had some very special guest fly in all the way from London that we were so thrilled we had the chance to spend some time with. My little sister, Denise (who has been studying at Oxford University) and her fiance, Ross spent 10 days at my mom's house. They brought along with them Ross's parents: Ann & Jack. It was so good to see my little sister (who I haven't seen since last September!) and Ross and such a pleasure to meet Ann & Jack.
The newly engaged couple :)
Me and my little sis...
Connor, Chris & Renee...
The grill masters, Ross & Jake...
Digging in!
I just adore my Pepere :)
Connor had lots of fun entertaining us with these festive beads...
Chris, Renee, Jake, Nikki, Ross & Dee. With one couple in Massachusetts, one in Pennsylvania and one in London...these pictures don't happen often!
And of course we had to celebrate the birthday lady, Renee, who turned the big 3-0 in June! Happy Birthday Renee!
The next day we had a blast celebrating the 4th of July at Jake's Uncle Bob & Aunt Norma's house. It was an all American day filled with family, swimming, food & boat rides.
Tim & Dawn...
Burt & Christine...
Logan, Joe and Beezy enjoying the water...
Uncle Bob taking us out on a boating adventure...
Dawn & Larry...
Jake & his little brothers...
Logan & Luke had so much fun on tubing, that I decided to give it a try! Here I am on my very first tubing experience....
After I tried it out, Dawn gave it a whirl. She was a little more daring than I was...
....which ended her up off the tube and in the water!!!
It was such a fun day!
And back at home, we have been enjoying spending lots of extra time with the kiddos. We recently went mini-golfing...
Don't they look like movie stars?!


And have enjoyed one of our favorite summer treats....making s'mores! Yummy!
And that's what we've been up to lately.
We hope you are all enjoying your summer as much as we are!

1 comment:

Renee said...

Looks like July has been a great month so far! I really enjoyed 4th of July weekend with you and Dee (and everyone else!). You're right, those moments are few and far between...:( But it was fun while it lasted!

Did you really have to post about my birthday...???

See you in August!
Love,
Renee