Thursday, September 23, 2010

Apple Picking

Fall is here, yippee! Fall is my favorite season...I just love everything about it :) Today is the actually first day of fall, but I have been in the fall mode since school started for the kids. I have been so eager to go apple picking (which is one of my most favorite things to do this time of year), so we kicked off the season a little bit early and headed out to a local apple orchard this past weekend. It was a beautiful day and we had so much fun!










Emma, Abby & Nate are quite the little pickers! They were quick to fill up our baskets. Jake and I ended up with a lot more apples than we thought we would! We will be eating plenty of apple crisp, apple pie, apple cake, apple sauce....and anything else I can make with apples in it for quite awhile! Not that I think anyone is complaining ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love apples too..especially with
salt!! Not really healthy but very
juicy!!
Thanks for the pics!

Love
Nana

Renee said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! We went a few weekends ago and it was a lot of fun...and the apples are so much better when they're freshly picked!

I love the pic of Jake juggling the apples...:)

Love,
Renee

Anonymous said...

So fun!!! I have wanted to go for a few weeks, and now (after seeing your pics), Beezy wants to go to! YAYYY!!! Thanks for inspiring her. Can't wait!

Love,
Christine