Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The White Stuff

Yup. Snow. We got some. Yay. Can you sense my excitement? Ha! I am convinced that would be perfectly content if I never had to come in contact with snow again in my lifetime. That may seem a little extreme, but I'm just sick of it. I think last year did me in. The idea of snow is nice. Looking at snow falling outside from the inside of your warm, cozy house is nice. Shoveling snow, driving in snow, altering plans due to snow, dressing kids up to go out in the snow and then undressing them when they come back in soaked and freezing...not so nice. I know, I'm being a big grouch. Well, we did get a little bit of snow over Christmas break. I am thankful it was during a vacation and there wasn't any school, that it was a normal day off for work for me, and that the snow that fell is already gone! Oh, yeah, and I'm glad that at least the kids can appreciate the snow and had a blast playing in it!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it! I am with you....I like snow when there is no where to go, and no one trying to get to my house. I also like a little snow on Christmas, but that is it! Glad the kids had fun.

Love,
Christine

Anonymous said...

You got lots of snow and we didn't get a drop. That seems strange because of our locations. Tim's family also got snow in Virginia. I'm glad the kids enjoyed it.
Grandmom