Thursday, August 25, 2011

Ready for the big K!

All this week we have been working on preparing for going back to school. One day Emma made "homework" for Abby & Nate. Nate's assignment was to write the Alphabet and his numbers. As he was working on it he says (with totally amazement),

"Wow! It's actually fun to do homework!!"

Monday night while I when I was tucking Nate into bed:

Nate: "Nik, how many more sleeps until we go back to Mom's house?"

Me: "Four sleeps including tonight. Why do you ask?"

Nate: "Oh, I just really can't wait to go to school!"


For those of you who know the journey we have been on to encourage Nathan and get him excited about going to school & learning, I am sure you are rejoicing with us! For those of you who don't know, trust me when I say it's been a long road! So far things are looking up as we begin to enter the school year and I think we are all breathing a big sigh of relief!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go Nate! I know you are going
to love school! Keep up the good
work

Love
Nana

ginny said...

We are proud of you Nathan. I know you are going to LOVE school and make lots of friends.
Grandmom

Renee said...

It is the best feeling when your kids are excited about school! I'm sure Nate will love kindergarten :). And good luck to Emma and Abby for the new scool year!

Anonymous said...

Yayyy!!!! So glad that he is excited! Hope they all have a great first day of school!!

Love,
Christine