did I ever think I would know what these tools are and how to use them...
direct bonded lingual arch, distal root torque, exagerated curve of spee, hemostat, lingual, mesial, occlusal, quad helix, trans palatal bar, rapid palatal expander (just to mention a few).
My new job continues to be an adventure. It's fun to go into work and learn new things and constantly be challenged. I never thought I would be working in this kind of environment... wearing scrubs, working alongside doctors and having "patients." Never did I think I would adapt these words into my vocabulary, know what they mean and actually use them, or use pliers in someone's mouth! I have been at my new job for a few weeks now and am really enjoying it. When I started I was extrememly overwhelmed (which I still am somedays), but slowly I am beginning to understand the language, figure out the computer system, get comfortable with my co-workers, and more confident in the little that I have already learned how to do. When I am at work now I am actually useful to the other staff members instead of being completely lost and clueless. Most days I am assisting the assistant rather than the doctor...but at least I am doing something :)! I am blessed to be working for three orthodontists and a staff of technicians who all love to teach and train. I am told that the training process takes about 4-6 months. I have been there for almost a month and I have absorbed and learned so much already and I am excited for what is to come.


3 comments:
I am very proud of you for taking on this challenge! I'm sure you will master it in no time :)
Love,
Renee
I am so glad that you are enjoying what you are doing!! It sounds really interesting...although I must admit that I get a little squeamish at the thought of working in someone's mouth. :0)
Love,
Christine
You're learning so much so quickly!
Just think of what you're gong to
be doing six months from now!!
I'm so glad you are enjoying your
new job.
Love
Barbara
Post a Comment