I had planned on giving all the kids haircuts this weekend. Nate needed his usual clean-up, Abby and Emma's bangs were getting long and the rest of their hair was ready for some trimming too. What I hadn't planned on was doing not one, but TWO rounds of haircuts for the girls and having them both go short! Look at all this hair!

Abby has been mentioning that she wanted her hair short, around her chin. I meant to ask Amy before they came over if it was okay to cut it. Emma has been growing her hair out for some time now in an effort to cut it an donate it to Locks for Love. She informed me (minutes before it was time to get her hair cut) that she was tired of growing it out and wanted it short. Okay. So, we called Mom, but didn't get an answer. So, (just to be on the safe side) we only did trims for both girls. A few hours later (after the cutting was finished and cleaned up) we got the okay from Amy to go ahead and
chop off their hair. Well, I didn't think it would be a big deal just to wait until the next time they visit to do a second round of haircuts....what's the big deal to wait a couple weeks, right? Wrong! In the world of an eight year old (going on sixteen!), this was a very big deal! It didn't take much for her to persuade me to do another round of haircuts (and messes and laundry...oh, how I miss having access to a full service salon!) the next day. It was all worth it because the girls LOVE their new haircuts and they look beautiful.


Nice and short. Less
tangels. Less whining. Love it.

Lovely ladies!

The girls love having short hair just like Mom and Nana. Abby kept saying that people might start calling her "the other Nana," she is so funny!
2 comments:
Emma and Abby look so cute with their short hair! I love it!
Love,
Christine
I love the new haircuts!!
Can't wait to see them for real
and up close this weekend!! It's
been way too long.
Look forward to our visit
Love
Nana
Post a Comment