One of the reasons for Nana's visit this past weekend was to surprise the kids with May baskets. This was a tradition in Jake's family when he was a kid. Every May 1st, Nana and Grampa Crawley would go over Barbara's house and put May baskets on the doorstep for each of the children. They would then ring the doorbell and then quickly hide. The kids would come open the door to discover their May baskets and then run to find Nana and Grampa. Later, the kids would go over to Nana and Grampa Crawley's house and do the same thing to them. How cute! Nana wanted to share this tradition with her grandkids this year.
These cute little baskets were filled with candy and treats...

2 comments:
Oh, I LOVE the picture of Nana with the five kids. SO precious!
I'm going to have to eat my
Wheaties! We certainly have
some fast runners in our family.
I hope they enjoyed the whole
May Basket experience as much
as I did..Whew!!
Love to all
Nana
Post a Comment