The past couple of years have been nothing less of a whirlwind of challenges and changes for Jake, the kids and myself. From living 8 hours away from the kiddos...to moving out of state to be closer to them...to career changes and job transfers...to getting married...it's been an eventful couple of years to say the least! All of these changes have brought their share of hard times and tears, as well as, smiles and times of joy. It seems as though we are constantly taking two steps forward and one step back...it just seems to be how life is for us. I am so grateful that Jake is such a "go with the flow" kind of guy. He helps keep me grounded and has taught me to relax and take one day at a time. That is what we do now, take one day at a time. And it seems like things are finally starting to fall into place and settle down for us...at least for the moment!
After a year of living almost two hours away from Emma, Abby & Nate, Jake and I have finally been able to move closer! We have relocated and now live only about 15-20 minutes away from the kids! Though it is not as close as we would have preferred and it is still not the ideal location or house...it is a HUGE improvement from our previous situation. We are thrilled to closer and more involved in the kids everyday life.
So what does this move mean???
*It means that Nate gets to spend time alone with Daddy doing "boy stuff" at home while the girls are in school...
*It means that Daddy is close enough to get to go to Parent Night at school!
*It means that if/when the kids do sports, they no longer have to miss Friday night practices or Saturday morning games because they are going to Daddy's house!
YAY!!!
It has been a long road to get to this point, but we made it and we are so happy:)

5 comments:
I'm so glad for ALL of you! What a great step in the right direction :)
Love,
Renee
Yayyyy, is right! I am so glad that you and Jake are able to see the kids more often. It is going to be so great for all of you.
Love,
Christine
I am so happy for everyone..you,jake the kids and
amy..It has been a long road but
it seems like you've all got it
together and are moving forward.
Love you all
Mom
I'm really glad too:)
I'm glad things are working out so well for you and the kids. Nate, especially, needs time with his daddy.
Grandmom
Post a Comment