It's been over 6 months since my last post...oh my! I have neglected to update our blog for several different reasons (not having internet at home, busy schedule, lack of motivation, etc.). But I am going to try to give this another shot. 2011 has been a BIG year so far. Let me fill you in on some of the highlights.
In February, Jake had the opportunity to go on a business trip to Las Vegas. Las Vegas is not a destination that either of us would ever choose to go visit...but when it's an all expense paid trip from your employer, who would refuse?! He got a few days away from cold, wet Pennsylvania (just a side note: while Jake was enjoying the sites of Vegas, I was home in PA where we got a pretty bad ice storm and I spent 14 hours alone with no heat or water. You can imagine how much I was loving my husband at that moment...NOT!!) and got see some of the amazing sites and incredible buildings in Vegas. He spent a whopping $20 on slot machines and didn't win a dime (gambling is so not our thing), had a lot of fun with his co-workers, oh, yeah, and I'm sure he learned a lot from the seminars he attended too :)
This was the view from his hotel room...not too shabby!!!

Another big event in February...drum roll, please...Emma Marshall celebrated her 10
th birthday!! It was a big birthday for this young lady. We had a small celebration at our house, she had a big birthday bash with all her girl friends from school at Amy's house, and we had a couple celebrations in MA as well! It's never once and done with this family!

A few weeks after her birthday, Emma got to enjoy her present from Jake and I...attending her first concert, "Winter Jam 2011!" She was
sooooo excited to go to this concert and see 10 different bands perform, including some of her favorites: David
Crowder Band, Sidewalk Prophets & Newsboys.

In March, I got to go to Orlando, Florida with my office for an orthodontic convention. It was nice to get escape to beautiful, sunny Florida for a little while. We stayed in Disney, but I didn't visit the Magic Kingdom (or any other parks). I have never been to Disney and it was very tempting to go to the parks, but I would have felt terribly guilty going without the kids and Jake. Though I didn't see Mickey Mouse, I did go shopping in downtown Disney and met a few characters...

In the spring we had some very special visitors come and stay with us for a few days. Joseph, Elizabeth, Auntie Christine & Nana all came down to PA! We had lots of fun playing with them in our backyard, going to the park and doing some fun Easter crafts.

In April, Nathan had a special "boys only" weekend with Daddy. The girls and I were away in MA for my sister's bridal shower and the boys took over the house while we were gone. They did all the things that boys do (including having a camp out in the backyard). From what I hear, they had a blast. We will have to plan more of these "boys only" times for Nate....poor little guy is certainly out numbered!

Springtime came and went and before we knew it school was coming to a close. Emma completed the fourth grade, Abby completed the first grade and Nathan graduated from
pre-school!!! It was a great school year for all three of them. We are especially proud of Nate for all the progress he has made this past year. I think he's pretty proud of himself too...just look at that smile!!!

As we continue through the year, our world just gets busier and busier! In the beginning of June we moved (yes, we moved AGAIN!). We said good-bye to the house we have called "home" for the past couple of years.

And good-bye to some very special friends, Ms. Nancy & Mr. Rick, who have been incredibly kind to us over the past couple of years. It was a pleasure renting from them and being friends with them. Ms. Nancy has been especially kind and generous to the kids while we were there. Thank you Ms. Nancy & Mr. Rick for all you have done for us! We miss you!

Since our move, we have been settling in to our new home. Painting, unpacking, organizing, decorating. The kids have been helping out a lot with all the chores and have really been an active part in maintaining our home. Emma is learning how to mow the lawn...

And Abby & Nate have been big helpers too. In addition to helping with chores, they have also enjoyed being more independent lately. They love to make their own breakfast & lunch. Sometimes it gets pretty interesting to see what they put together (or to watch the process in which they put it together!) but as long as they eat it, it's fine with me! Emma is quite the little chef these days too. She makes a mean pot of Kraft Mac & Cheese and is getting pretty darn good at making pancakes! I must say that I am loving all this help!

It hasn't been all work this summer. We visited the Philadelphia Zoo...

And have been
having lots of backyard fun...

We've also visited our local pool a few times and have gone roller blading at the park several times. We have NOT made it to the beach yet, NOR have we been to Massachusetts once this summer. Why not? Well, we have something else BIG going on right now...

my belly!!!!
Sometime in the very near future we will be welcoming a new family member!
Baby Girl Marshall is due in just 6 short days!!
So there's your update on what the past 6 months have looked like for us. It's been super busy and exciting and it looks like the busyness and excitement will be a theme for us for the rest of the summer. I'll try my best to keep you posted :)
3 comments:
what a cute post! I cannot believe it has been 6 months since you last posted....Hopefully, your new little girl won't keep you too busy to post after she is born. :0)
Love you guys!
Christine
So happy to see a blog update! With Little Miss Marshall arriving any day now, we'll all be looking forward to more frequent blog updates!
Love,
Renee
Glad you are back to "blog land". Great pictures of the kids. Looking forward to pictures of the newest Marshall.
Grandmom Brinkley
Post a Comment