Thursday, November 17, 2011

Mayonnaise

Mayonnaise.

Mayo.

Everyone is familiar with this delicious condiment.

It's great on sandwich.

Or mixed in with tuna fish.

Or chicken salad.

Some even like it on a cheeseburger.

But....do you know what else it's good for?

I do.

Getting chewing gum out of your 4 month old baby's hair.

Yes.

You heard me right.

GUM out of your baby's hair.

I know, because I just used it on Charlotte.

She had gum in her hair.

Compliments of her big brother.

Immediately after I just finished giving her a bath.

He was chewing gum and somehow managed to get it ALL over his mouth.

And then he decided to kiss his baby sister's head.

And then rub her head with his hands.

And then I walked in the room.

And now Charlotte has had her very first "conditioning treatment" and scalp massage.

Her hair is very shiny now.

Her brother is in bed.

Chewing gum is officially banned from our house.

2 comments:

Renee said...

Is there a spot in the baby book for "the first time I got gum in my hair"...:) I'm sure her hair looks lovely after a deep conditioning treatment.. Gotta love those big brothers! Speaking of which...I'm going to take a lesson from this and NEVER let Connor have gum!

Glad you called for suggestions, and even happier that Chris knew what he was talking about!

Anonymous said...

I can picture that! Auntie Janie
and I were put down for a nap by
my dad when we were little..little
did he know we both had gum in our
mouths! We slept very soundly with
our mouths open because when we got up BOTH of us had gum in our
hair..back in the day LESTOIL not
mayo! Can't put lestoil on a burger! Thanks for making me smile..something I will never forget..neither will Nathan!