Monday, January 19, 2009

I LOVE being an Auntie!

I had the opportunity to travel home this past weekend for a quick visit with my family. We didn't have the kids and Jake had to work, so it was just me. It was a great weekend and I had so much fun. One of the highlights of my weekend was getting to spend some time with my nephew, Connor. I saw him not too long ago at Christmas, but he has already changed so much since then. We had lots of fun together.


Last time I saw Connor, he was just starting to crawl. He has now mastered crawling and has moved on to bigger things. Here is is practicing his walking skills. Look out...here he comes!

He also pulls himself up to a standing position. Sometimes he even gets daring and lets go, but he is only able to stand on his own for a few seconds. He is growing up so fast!

He loves his little chair...

And books too....especially books that make noise.


Since the family hairdresser was in town for a couple days, my sister decided it was time to trim up Connor's stray locks. This would be Connor's first haircut, so it was a big decision whether or not to do it, but my sister was brave and went for it!
Sporting a mohawk...
He did so well! We just kept giving him snacks to munch on and he didn't even notice what I was doing.
All done! So handsome :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was great to spend time with you last weekend. And thank you so much for giving Connor his first haircut! I can't believe how well he did! Thank goodness for puffs :) He looks very handsome, thank you.

Love,
Renee

PS: Connor sends hugs & kisses to Auntie Nikki!!!

Anonymous said...

What a handsome boy! He's growing
up so fast..I bet he'll be walking
next time you see him.
Good job on the haircut,Auntie

Love
Barbara

Anonymous said...

So adorable! You really look like you both enjoyed your time together. It was great seeing you over the weekend.

Love,
Christine