Yesterday was Jake's birthday. He was able to have the day off from work, and I was only working a half day, so we were able to drive to Greencastle to spend the afternoon with the kids. I had a few surprises planned for Jake and the kids and our first stop was something the whole family loves to do...bowling!
The Birthday Boy...

Nathan had so much fun, he even got a strike!

I love how Abby puts so much spunk into everything she does!

And Emma's game has improved so much since the last time we went bowling, she did great!

After bowling, we went to Pizza Hut for some dinner and presents. The kids brought along some very special gifts for Daddy that they each made...



Jake thought that this was the end of the celebration...but he was wrong! When we got back in the van, Abby discovered a present behind her seat. It was so big, she needed Emma's help to get it out.
Hmmm, what could this be?

Jake, very confused, he unwrapped a set of grilling utensils, a grill brush and a grill cover. He is confused because we don't own a grill...well, at least we
didn't own a grill. Can you tell by his face he is surprised? For those of you who know Jake, you know that it is almost
impossible to surprise him. It can be extremely frustrating and I am not sure why I even try sometimes. But I am glad I did this time because it worked!

And here it is (well, it's in the box)! We all can't wait to enjoy some delicious food Jake will make us on this grill.

Happy 33rd Birthday Jake! We love you so much!
4 comments:
What a nice night! Bowling is so fun...Bee and Joe are always wanting to go too. I hope Jake enjoys his grill. That was a great surprise!
Love,
Christine
Yeah Nik! I think you're the
first to ever surprize Jake!
Nate and I seem to have the same
bowling form..I don't understand
why I never get a strike! Abby
is precious, she puts sooo much
effort into everything she does,
and Emma's got it all under control
What a fun day..long ride, but
surely worth it to spend a special day with such Special children!Love to all..Happy Birthday Jake
Mom
wow nikki, i can't believe you actually managed to surprise Jake! lol. definitely a hard thing to do... looks like he had a good b-day.
Happy Birthday Jake! Looks like you guys had a fun time!
Have fun with the new grill...everything tastes better on the grill!
Take care,
Renee
Post a Comment