Sunday, August 24, 2008

Little People Who I Will Miss A Lot

I hate goodbyes. I have never lived away from home. I have spent 25 years living near all of my family. Parents, sisters, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins...all were less than an hour away. And now I am moving to Pennsylvania. I know it isn't like I will be living on the other side of the world or anything, but it's just a strange feeling knowing that I will not see my family as often as I have been. I will miss everyone, but there are a few people I will especially miss....

Jamieson and Mackenzie.
These two kids have been a HUGE part of my life over the past five years. Jamieson was only 4 months old and Mackenzie was 5 years old when I started watching them. Now they are 5 and 10 years old...time goes by so fast! At first I was their full time nanny, then only part time for a couple years, and this past year I have been with them full time again. Whether I was with them part time or full, they always held a special place in my heart and a high priority in my life. Though it was technically my job to take care of them, I never considered them my "job." They are my family and I love them so much and will miss seeing them often.

And I will also miss my little nephew, Connor. I was thrilled to become an auntie this past March. I grew up with all of my cousins and aunts close by and I treasure the memories I have with them. I am sad that I will not be close by him. I had the opportunity to babysit him once a week this summer which I enjoyed so much. He is such a cutie! I will miss seeing him regularly and getting to know him.

Last Tuesday was my last day with Mackenzie and Jamieson. Mackenzie bought me a present. She picked it out herself and used her own money. She got Jake and I Tri-Sum potatoe chips (which are our favorite and are only sold locally in MA) and a giant Hershey bar (just because I love chocolate!). I think the treats were supposed to for us at our new place, but unfourtunately they never made it to PA!
We had a fun day together playing mini golf and getting some ice cream :)

And then it was time to say good bye :(
And Jamieson couldn't let Jake get away without a hug too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Connor enjoyed spending Thursdays with you just as much as you did! And he will miss you too. Thank goodness for blogs and email :) Technology is wonderful!

I love that picture of him on the couch, what a goober!

Love, Renee