Saturday, we took the kids shopping. This was requested by Emma and Abby on their last visit in July, but never we got to do it with all the other events we had planned. Nana was very generous and gave each of the kids money to buy some new clothes. Since Jake had to work Saturday morning, Emma and I decided it would be fun to drive out to Cambridge, surprise Dad at work and go shopping at that mall instead of waiting for him to get home and go shopping in Leominster. We headed off for the hour and a half drive and everything was going well. We were only about ten minutes away from Jake's work when it happened....I made a wrong turn! Now, this is only the second time I have driven into Jake's work. The first time was so easy that I didn't bother to bring the directions with me this time and the GPS was sitting at home (a great place to keep a navigation system). So, now I am lost in Boston with three kids and Jake's lab manager Naomi on my cell phone (she lives near Boston so she knows her way around the city pretty well) trying to get me to the mall. OH MY GOODNESS! I tried to keep myself together, but it was quite nerve racking. The kids handled this ordeal much better than I did and they were all so well behaved the entire time. We got quite the tour of the city and 40 minutes later arrived at the mall! Once we were at the mall, I got lost in the parking garage...I'm not sure how I managed to do this but I did. Somehow we made our way (after a few elevator rides) to the mall entrance. This day was not turning out the way it was supposed to!
And then, when it was time to leave the mall, I could not for the life of me remember where I parked the car! Jake finally had to leave me and the kids in the mall and go out and wander the garage searching for my car. I think we probably should have stayed home and went shopping in Leominster.
Back at Nana's house, the kids put on a fashion show to model all the cute clothes Nana had bought them.
Thanks Nana for all the new clothes! We really appreciate it :)

1 comment:
Ugh....getting lost in Boston is not fun!!! On the bright side, look at all the cute clothes you got for the kids. They look great! I'm glad Abby liked the dress....it was one of my favorites.
Christine
Post a Comment