We had so much fun ice skating today! We have been looking forward to taking the kids ice skating and managed to do it today. The girls have been skating before and this was Nate's first time. They all did great and we had a blast!
Headed for the rink...

All suited up...

And there off! Emma and Abby took off on the ice like it's something they do all the time! Emma wasn't sure she would be comfortable on the ice because it's been a while since the last time she skated, but she did great! And Abby...this girl has no fear! She threw all caution to the wind and just went for it!

Abby had a few wipe outs but not one of them phased her. She got right back up and continued skating as fast as she was before! Emma was always nearby and helped Abby find her feet again. What a good big sister :)

There's goes Emma!


Oh dear...Nate and I had a rough start. I have only ice skated a few times in my life. Abby and Emma were going circles around me and for some reason I thought it would be better if Jake go with them and I would hang back with Nate. Not such a good idea!

So, I turned Nate over to Jake and do you believe it...by the time we left Nate was skating on his own!

Getting more comfortable...

Learning to balance...

And doing it all on his own!!!

Way to go Nate! We are so proud of you!!!

It was a great afternoon outside skating. We finished our adventure with some hot chocolate and then headed home to warm up. We will
definitely be doing some more skating before the winter is over!
4 comments:
Looks like you guys had a great time! Better you than me...I'd end up flat on my face!
Love,
Renee
I Love to skate!! I remember going
with Auntie Jane and Auntie Joan,
Uncle Bob and Grammy and Grandpa
Crawley. What fun we would have!
I am so glad that you are all
skating together and enjoying the
cold weather!
You all looked to be doing just
great! Abby, it's very important
to learn how to fall down and get
back up again..Good job! Nate, I am
so proud of you..and Emma, I knew
you'd remember all you had learned
at skating lessons!
Love you all
Nana
That looks so fun! I never think to go ice skating, but you may have inspired me. I think Bee and Joe would love it!
Love,
Christine
looks like you all had fun! it made me laugh because i remembered the time i went ice skating with elicia and jess and they laughed the whole time at me because i couldn't skate well at all!! and then they proceeded to take a picture of me while i was falling...(great friends right?!)definitely a fun activity :)
Post a Comment