Monday, February 16, 2009

Two weeks is too long

Our house is too quiet.


Our rooms are too clean.


Our days are too predictable.


WE MISS EMMA, ABBY & NATE!!!


I know some of you probably think I am crazy to be complaining about a house that is too clean and quiet and days that are simple and predictable. You will probably think that I am even more crazy to complain about the fact I was able to sleep this past weekend until after 9:00 am both Saturday and Sunday.

Both Jake and I have been missing the kids terribly.

Don't get us wrong. We are so grateful to be living in the same state as them and thankful that we see them more often than we used to. Though this set up is far better than it used to be, it still is far from ideal.

The joy, laughter, chaos, messes, early mornings, and long days that they bring with them to our house every other weekend is treasured time that we have together. We love that Nate is a human alarm clock waking us up at 7:00am on weekend mornings (the sound of his feet walking into our room is music to our ears!). We love how every toy that Abby plays with is teeny tiny and she hides them all throughout the house (I am constantly finding tiny cats, dogs and dolls hidden in the strangest places for a week after they leave...each time I find one I see Abby's smiling face!). When it is TV time, we love how Emma tries to persuade us all into watching Hannah Montana every time, over and over again (this is, what seems to be, her favorite show at the moment and I have seen it so many times I think I am slowly becoming a fan too!). Our days with them are at times exhausting, sometimes stressful, always fun, and never enough.

Hope you all don't mind my whining. I never have much to blog about in between visits with the kids, so I thought I would share what we experience when they are not with us. Though it is great to have time together for just Jake and I, life is more complete when they are here with us.


Emma, Abby & Nate,
We miss you and love you and can't wait to see you this weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Though I can't totally relate, I can kind of understand. Although I know "couple time" is important, I always miss Connor when he's not with us and wonder what he's doing. Only a few more days and they'll be back with you and Jake!

Love,
Renee

Anonymous said...

I miss the children so much..I
certainly understand where you're
coming from..It is so wonderful
that they have so many people in
their lives that love and care
for them.
If you're really wanting to have
someone to pick up after I can
send Jake down..Just let me know
when and for how long

Love you guys
Mom