Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Trick-or-Treat

Saturday night, Jake and I got to take the kids out for Trick-or-Treating. They were so excited to dress up and get lots of candy. A couple weeks ago we went shopping and let them pick out whatever costumes they wanted. Jake and I orginally had some ideas of what each kid should be, but in the end it was all up to them. It was fun to see what each kid would choose without any input or advice from an adult. And we think they pick out great costumes that show off each of their individual personalities. So, Saturday night, Jake and I were honored with the presence of...
Miss Scarlett O'Hara...
The Little Mermaid...
and a frog. And not just any frog...the cutest, most lovable frog in the world (even when he doesn't want his picture taken!)...
Our first stop on Halloween was to Mom & Rob's house to show off the costumes and start filling up their buckets. We made it to quite a few houses, but unfourtunately got soaked in the process. Of all nights for it to rain it had to rain on Trick-or-Treat!! Oh, well! We all had fun despite the rain and the kids got PLENTY of candy!
And playing dress up and being silly didn't end on Halloween. I'm not sure what got into the kids (probably a little too much sugar!), but Sunday morning they put on quite the show for Jake and I with very silly costumes, dances & songs!
Making funny faces :)
Note: Nathan is standing in a box, which is part of his costume...
Oh, dear! Miss Emma Ruth is a far cry from Miss Scarlett O'Hara!! She is wearing her shirt as pants, a skort as a shirt and tights on her head. As I said, probably a little too much sugar :)!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

so much fun! They look so cute...even when they wore their crazy costumes the next day! I never would have thought that Emma's costume was made up of those different pieces, she is quite creative! Can't wait to see you all in a couple of weeks!

Love,
Christine

Renee said...

Looks like you guys had a great Halloween! I LOVE the costumes! The kids did a great job picking them out.

It rained a bit here too...but it was warm.

Love,
Renee

Anonymous said...

What silly kids you have!! Their
costumes were great! Nathan is
the cutest frog ever..and what's
on Abby's teeth??
Thanks for sharing..
See you soon
Love
Mom/Nana