Sunday, October 23, 2011

The way weekends are supposed to be

I love this picture. It's a scene I wish I could see much more frequently.


Helping Nana...
Sweet giggles...

Playing with Toby...


Sleepovers with cousins...


Sunday football games with Grampa...


That's the way it's supposed to be all the time. Not just one weekend every other month. It's the best we can do for now. Don't get me wrong, we have a very happy family of six here in PA...it's just a little lonelier than being in MA. I am grateful that all the kids still have close relationships with their cousins, aunts, uncles and grandparents despite the distance. I am grateful that we are able to travel as often as we do. I just wish that events like the ones above weren't "special occasions" but rather common events. Once again...thank you to all our family for all the wonderful memories made last weekend! We will cherish them forever!

4 comments:

Renee said...

I wish weekends like those could happen more often too...but as long as we make the most of our time together, that's what counts!

Anonymous said...

We love and appreciate every minute that we get to spend with you all!!! Miss you!

Love,
Christine

Anonymous said...

I treasure every second I have to
spend with our families. We have
such wonderful memories! I wish
we could be closer so we could spend more time together..We appreciate you and all you do to
make our time together really special.
Thank-you

Love
Mom/Nana

Anonymous said...

It was a very fun weekend in MA! I loved seeing all our cousins, aunts,uncles and grandparents. (And I loved missing both my math tests at school while we were gone!!! :) Can't wait to go back agaiin for Christmas!

Love,
Emma