We went on a very special field trip today to the Sight and Sound Theatre. Sight and Sound is a Christian theatre that re-enacts biblical stories. They have gorgeous sets, special effects and live animals in the shows. We had a gift certificate that needed to be used by the end of the year, and have been wanting to take the kids but just didn't know when. Well, last week I found out Jake had this Saturday off (he NEVER gets Saturdays off!) and went online and found out that tickets were still available for "The Voices of Christmas" show. Its a little early for Christmas, but considering the fact the all five of us could go for free and the tickets were available..we went for it! And I'm so glad we did! It was a perfect show to take the kids to. The sets and songs were constantly changing as they took us through the history of many Christmas traditions all the while, keeping the focus on the real meaning of Christmas...Jesus' birth.
Jake and I have been excited about this all week. We saved it as a surprise to the kids until last night. When they found out, Emma was thrilled about the show because she understands what a musical is and loves them. Abby was excited simply because she got to get all dressed up :) And Nathan, well he was convinced we were going to a puppet show! Surprisingly, there were actually puppets in the show and that made his day! It was a fantastic show and we all had so much fun and can't wait to go back again someday!
All Dressed Up
Daddy and his girls...
The show we saw today was in the small theatre. After the show we drove up the road to take a peek at the large theatre. All I can say is...WOW!

4 comments:
o wow...looks like you had an amazing time! i have heard about the theater and have always wanted to go. and it's never too early for christmas ;)
like the new picture and background... don't we all have so much to be thankful for!
You all look so nice, all dressed up! I'm so glad that you liked the show. When Elizabeth heard that you were going to a musical, she wanted to go too! so fun...
By the way, I love the new blog background and picture, too.
Love,
Christine
What a wonderful start to the
holiday season. The kids were
so excited trying to explained
everything that went on.. I guess
I'll have to see it for myself
someday.
Your new picture is very festive!
Love you all
Nana
Nate was looking at this with me and when I asked him to tell me about it he said, "I got to go to that show and you didn't. I'm not going to tell you, it's a secret." I must have been a special show to be such a secret. Eventually he did tell me that there was a "Humongus puppet." You should have heard him say it...too cute!
Post a Comment