Our family doesn't have tons of traditions, but one that we do have is our Christmas Eve party. For my whole life, every year on Christmas Eve, my mom's side of the family gathers together for a big party. When I was a child we gathered at my Memere and Pepere's house. In later years, the tradition moved to my Aunt Joanne's house while my grandparents flew south for the winter months. And the past couple years my Aunt Janice and Uncle Rob have taken on the duty of hosting this party. It has always been a big event but has grown tremendously in the past couple of years. My Memere and Pepere have 5 children, 12 grandchildren, and 13 great grandchildren!!!! Usually most everyone makes it, but there are always a few missing. But you can imagine this is one exciting party with plenty of food, gifts, energetic children, and lots of love. I was so happy we were able to make it this year.
Before anyone eats a thing or a present is opened, we always have family photo shoots orchestrated by Auntie Nancy. This is always an interesting attempt to get each family photographed. Some years go better than others and this year went pretty well. Here we are, the Delaney/Tribou/Marshall family...minus one. My little sister wasn't here because she is in England spending the holiday with her boyfriend. We missed you, Dee!
Santa dropped a sack of gifts on the front porch filled with gifts for each of the kids. What a surprise!

2 comments:
We are soooooooo glad that you guys made it up for Christmas!!! We had so much fun! I'm so glad you were able to be here to share Connor's first Christmas. And that the Marshall's got to share in our Christmas Eve tradition. What great memories!
Love,
Renee (and hugs & kisses from Connor)
Hi Emma, Abby, and Nate!
I'm so glad I finally got to meet you guys! I wish you lived closer so that I could play with you more, but we'll have fun when you come up to visit, and when I get bigger Mommy and Daddy will bring me to Pennsylvania to visit you.
Hugs & Kisses,
Connor
Post a Comment