Saturday, July 12, 2008

Homeward Bound

I have never traveled more than a couple hours at a time (at the most) with young children. I have to say that I was nervous to make the 6 hour car ride back to MA with a seven year old, four year old and two year old. Emma warned Jake that it was going to be a "long ride" home. So, with that warning we came prepared with coloring books, toys, a Gameboy, a portable DVD player and movies, plenty of snacks, and LOTS OF PATIENCE! I know that this isn't the first time the kids have made a lengthy trip in the car, but it was my first time with them. So, I prepared myself for the worst and much to my surprise it went GREAT!!! All three of them did so well! There were times that I actually forgot there were 3 kids in the backseat, that's how quiet it was!! We didn't even have to use our bag of tricks until the last couple hours of the trip and that's only because our trip was lengthened by all the traffic we hit (about two hours worth making our 6 hour journey turn into 8 hours!). All in all, everything went really well and we are all glad to be home :).
Nathan getting cozy.
Emma reading her book (what else would she be doing?!).
Sisters.
One sure way to keep this little guy content...FOOD!

2 comments:

Amy said...

You nailed it: Nathan is a snack man!!! And give Em a book and you won't hear from her for hours! I'm so glad that trip went to well for you guys! Let's hope they remember that kind of behavior for the trip home!

Anonymous said...

I buy three bags of "Goldfish" for the trip from my house to Amy's. Works really well! I hope Amy has a pleasant return trip with them. It is so much harder when there is only one adult, but Emma is a tremendous help.
Grandmom